If you need to process 20 user accounts or more, please visit our “Large-Scale Migration” page.
Are you struggling to convert your email from Eudora to Outlook?
As you’ve probably already discovered, you can’t depend on Eudora or Outlook to migrate your email messages. Eudora has no export option and the import tool in Outlook 2013 doesn’t support Eudora. True, Outlook 2010 and older versions do offer an import option, but if you’ve tried it, you already know the results are awful.
But don’t worry! A good solution does exist.
In a moment, we’re going to tell you about a conversion tool that’s perfect for your needs. It’s an affordable tool that was designed specifically for this type of email conversion challenge. Most people agree that it’s a huge time saver, but in the interest of fairness, we’d also like to tell you about a free method for getting your conversion done.
The free method is great if money is tight. The other is better if you value your time and accurate results. Keep reading to know which is best for you.
How to Migrate Eudora to Outlook – the Free Way
This method requires four programs: our free MBOX Converter, Windows Explorer, Windows Live Mail (WLM) and Office Outlook. However, the Eudora program is not required.
First, convert your Eudora files to EML with Aid4Mail MBOX Converter. Read more >
“Free” Often Includes Hidden Costs
When it comes to email conversion tools, you typically get what you pay for. While you may still choose the free method, you need to be aware of your potential risks.
- Broken images. After migration with Windows Live Mail, photos, graphics and other images inserted in your messages now show up as broken pictures in Outlook. They aren’t visible in the body of your emails (see screenshot below.)
- Loss of SMTP headers. Using the free method, your emails will lose their original email SMTP headers (the top part of the email, where email addresses, subject and time stamps, and encoding marks are located). If you value the integrity of your messages, especially if you work in the field of computer forensics, this is a serious problem.
- Time consuming. If you have many accounts to migrate, transferring your emails manually will take a lot of time and energy.
The screenshots below show the result you get using the free solution (left) compared to using Aid4Mail Professional (right):
It’s true. “Free” may initially appear to be a cost savings, but when you factor in the hours it takes to migrate your emails—and the low-quality outcome—you may actually save money using a commercial tool.
Let us tell you about a simple solution that saves both time and money, and produces much better results.
How to Convert Eudora to Outlook – the Simple Way
For quick and easy email conversions that don’t sacrifice quality, there’s only one tool you should consider: Aid4Mail.
Here’s how it works:
- Open the user-friendly wizard interface.
- Select Eudora (index) as your source mail and Office Outlook PST file as your target.
- Click Next until you reach the last screen and then press Start.
Instead of 14 complicated steps (using the free method), you have only three simple ones. And you’ll love the results:
- No data is lost in conversion.
- It automatically restores your mailbox folder tree in Outlook without any manual intervention.
- It correctly transfers the status information of your emails (like unread, replied, forwarded, and flagged) to Outlook.
- And, if necessary, you can also export your messages directly to Office 365—or to Microsoft Exchange—using our Aid4Mail Professional edition.
We’ve made the entire process as streamlined as possible. Aid4Mail provides context-sensitive help on each wizard screen (in addition to a well-documented user manual), so it’s easy to learn—even for first-time users. And you only need Office Outlook installed. There’s no need for MBOX Converter, Windows Explorer or Windows Live Mail.
Note that we also offer a special command-line edition if you need to migrate a large number of user accounts (see our large-scale migration page).
No Data Loss With Aid4Mail
We’ve worked hard to ensure that your email messages convert accurately, including:
- mailbox folder structure
- message text formatting
- email status information (read, replied, flagged)
- sender and recipient email addresses
- dates and other metadata
- email attachments and embedded contents
The screenshots below show conversion results of an email from Eudora’s Out box; on the left side after using Outlook 2010 and Aid4Mail on the right side:
Created by Top Email Conversion Specialists
Aid4Mail is developed by Fookes Software—email specialists since 1999. Our goal? To develop an email conversion tool that’s both user-friendly and accurate. It’s so accurate, in fact, it’s the preferred tool of email forensics professionals, government agencies, universities and major corporations.
Here’s what a few of our satisfied users have had to say:
“Whew! I was moving from Eudora on an XP machine to Outlook on a Mac. I tried all sorts of workarounds (e.g. Thunderbird as a pass through) and nothing worked. I’d been on Eudora since 1993, so my life history was in there. Found Fookes software, paid the fee, and voila, it worked smoothly the first time. Kept my original email dates, my folder structure, everything. Fantastic!!”
– Heather Cochran, USA
“It’s a rare treat to use SW that right away does just what I want it to and just as advertised. Huge thanks!”
– Gerry Sollner, USA
“This program is fantastic. I converted 6 years of Eudora Pro 5.1 email into Outlook archived pst files in less than 20 minutes.”
– Michael R. Scheinfein, USA
“In our testing, even with large mail files Aid4Mail produced problem-free exports in a few seconds.”
– PC Magazine, USA
“Bought your program (the best $20.00 I ever spent) and it worked PERFECTLY moving EVERYTHING into Outlook.”
– Berkeley F Fuller, USA