Export mail from Windows Live Mail to Outlook
To perform this task, you must have Outlook installed on your computer. Note that images embedded in messages usually get converted to attachments in which case you will only see empty place holders in Outlook. If you want to have images displayed correctly, as in your original messages, please consider using our Aid4Mail Home edition. It costs as little as $19.95.
- In Windows Live Mail, select File > Export email > Email messages from the menu (the File menu is opened by clicking on the down arrow on the left of the Home tab).
- The Windows Live Mail Export wizard will appear. Select "Microsoft Exchange" from the list and click on the Next button.
- The Export Messages prompt will then be displayed. Click on the OK button.
- In the Choose Profile dialog box, select "Outlook" from the list of profile names. Normally it is already selected by default. You can, of course, choose a different profile if you know what you are doing. Click on the OK button
- Select the folders you want to export from Windows Mail, and click on the OK button. The selected mail folders will be exported to your Outlook profile.
[ Tutorials Index ]