If you need to process 50 user accounts or more, please visit our “Large-Scale Migration” page.
Converting from another email client to Outlook should be easy, right? Especially if it uses the MBOX format, one of the most common mailbox formats on the market.
But the sad truth is, if you’re trying to…
- convert MBOX to PST (or PST to MBOX)
- export Thunderbird to Outlook
- import Eudora to Outlook
- transfer Apple Mail or Mozilla mail to Outlook
… Outlook’s importer isn’t an option. (It doesn’t support MBOX files at all.) You need a quality MBOX-to-PST converter that’s fast, easy to use and accurate.
In a moment, we’re going to tell you about a conversion tool that’s perfect for your needs. It’s an affordable tool that was designed specifically for this type of email conversion challenge. Most people agree that it’s a huge time saver, but in the interest of fairness, we’d also like to tell you about a free method for getting your conversion done.
The free method is great if money is tight. The other is better if you value your time and accurate results. Keep reading to know which is best for you.
A Free Option for Converting MBOX Files to PST
This method requires four programs: our free MBOX Converter, Windows Explorer, Windows Live Mail (WLM) and Office Outlook.
First, convert your MBOX files to EML with Aid4Mail MBOX Converter. Read more >
Why the Free Method Isn’t Your Best Bet
Unfortunately, when it comes to email conversion tools, you get what you pay for. While you may prefer using a free method, there are some drawbacks:
- Broken images. After migration, photos, graphics and other images inserted in your messages now show up as broken pictures in Outlook. They aren’t visible in the body of your emails.
- Loss of SMTP headers. Using the free method, your emails will lose their original email SMTP headers (the top part of the email, where email addresses, subject and time stamps, and encoding marks are located). If you value the integrity of your messages, especially if you work in the field of computer forensics, this is a serious problem.
- Time consuming. If you have many accounts to migrate, transferring your emails manually will take a lot of time and energy.
While "free" may initially appear to be a cost savings, when you factor in the hours it takes to migrate your emails—and the low-quality outcome—you may actually save money using a competitively priced commercial tool.
Let us tell you about a simple solution that saves both time and money. Read on…
How to Convert from MBOX to PST – the Easier Way
For quick and easy email conversions that don’t sacrifice quality, there’s only one tool you should consider: Aid4Mail.
Here’s how it works:
- Open the user-friendly wizard interface.
- Select MBOX files as your source and Office Outlook PST file as your target.
- Press Start.
Instead of 14 complicated steps, you have only three simple ones. And you’ll love the results:
- No data is lost in conversion.
- It automatically restores your mailbox folder tree in Outlook without any manual intervention.
- It correctly transfers the status information of your emails (like unread, replied, forwarded, and flagged) to Outlook.
- And, if necessary, you can also export your messages directly to Office 365—or to Microsoft Exchange—using our Aid4Mail Professional edition.
We’ve made the entire process as streamlined as possible. Aid4Mail provides context-sensitive help on each wizard screen (in addition to a well-documented user manual), so it’s easy to learn—even for first-time users. And you only need Office Outlook installed. There’s no need for MBOX Converter, Windows Explorer or Windows Live Mail.
Note that we also offer a special command-line edition if you need to migrate a large number of user accounts (see our large-scale migration page).
Created By Email Conversion Specialists
Aid4Mail is developed by Fookes Software—email specialists since 1999. Our goal? To develop an email conversion tool that’s both user-friendly and accurate. It’s so accurate, in fact, it’s the preferred tool of email forensics professionals, government agencies, universities and major corporations.
Here’s what a few of our satisfied users have had to say:
“I was using Bloomba (a niche prog that ceased to exist almost a year ago) and needed to go to Outlook. You saved me some serious hassles of going from .mbox to .eml to Outlook. Not to mention that I have yet to find a program that can do this successfully with over 20,000 emails.”
– Richard W., USA
“I work for a lawfirm and we used your product to convert a MBOX file to PST. This software worked brilliantly, it even fixed corruption that existed when we attempted to do it manually or with other software. Thank you for that.”
– Gregory Kerr, Lubin Olson & Niewiadomski LLP, USA
“We work with over 1TB [one terabyte] of email per month and your Aid4Mail product has shown to be an integral part of our toolset for dealing with these volumes of email.”
– Jason Rappoport, USA