Please follow the steps below. For any setting that’s not specifically mentioned, you can either use the default (preset) value or consult the Aid4Mail 5 user guide for details.
Step 1: Open Aid4Mail’s settings
- In Aid4Mail, select the Settings tab.
- Update the Session name so it describes the task at hand. In this example, we will be converting John Doe’s Apple Mail (EMLX) files to EML files so we’ve entered John Doe Apple Mail to EML as the session name.
- Below the session name there are three sections: Source, Target and Filter. Each can be displayed or hidden by selecting the +/- symbol next to the section heading. This tutorial requires them all to be displayed.
Step 2: Set Apple Mail as your source
- In the Format list, select Apple Mail (EMLX files).
- Set the Location of your Apple Mail EMLX files, either writing it directly in the field or by using the Select button to browse your file system.
- Choose whether to Remove journaling envelope if your email files are journaled.
Step 3: Set EML files as your target
- In the Format list, select EML files.
- Specify the Location where you want your EML files to be saved. You can write directly in the field or use the Select button to browse your file system.
- Select an option for the Folder structure of the exported mail. Usually you’ll want to keep it the same as the original, so choose Same as source folder structure.
- Determine the criteria for each EML File name. In this example, we have chosen to use a template which we will define in the next step.
- Define your File name template. Templates consist of a combination of text and tokens. The text must not include illegal file name characters. The tokens represent data from the email being processed. You can use the Insert button to help you find and include tokens. We have used a combination of two tokens (separated by a dash) to name each file, representing the local date and the email subject:
Step 4: Set your filter (optional)
- Under Folder filtering, pick Folder selection. Your Apple Mail EMLX files folder structure will appear in the box below.
- Select the folders you want Aid4Mail to process. The others will be skipped.
Step 5: Run your Apple Mail to EML conversion
Select the Run button or Session > Run from the menu. Aid4Mail will convert your chosen Apple Mail EMLX files to EML files. It will automatically open the Progress tab so you can monitor what’s going on. Once finished, you will find full reports in the Progress log and, if relevant, the Error log.
We hope you found this tutorial helpful in showing you why Aid4Mail is the best EMLX to EML converter on the market. As shown above, Aid4Mail can convert Apple Mail to EML quickly and reliably.
If you’re looking for further information, first take a look through the Aid4Mail 5 user guide and our knowledge base articles.
If you still have questions, don’t hesitate to contact our award-winning Helpdesk.
If you’d like to buy an Aid4Mail license, please visit the online store.
Or if you’d like to Aid4Mail first before purchasing, download a free trial and run your own tests converting your EMLX files to EML files. We want you to have full confidence in Aid4Mail!