The ideal email converter should:
- Convert mail accurately
- Support the file formats you need
- Save you time
- Provide help if there's a problem
Aid4Mail does all of this and more. Let’s explore how…
Convert mail accurately
Nobody wants incomplete or altered data after an email conversion. This is critical if you’re converting mail for e-discovery or forensic purposes, amounting to spoliation of evidence.
Aid4Mail is the most accurate email conversion software on the market. It is fully Unicode-compatible and preserves more crucial data, visible and hidden, after conversion than any of its competitors (including the native import/export features of most mail apps).
- To, From, Date and Subject fields
- Status information (Read, Replied, Starred, etc.)
- Message text
- Message formatting
- Diacritical marks / accented characters (like é, ô and ç)
- Non-Latin characters (for example 你好)
- Embedded images and other media
- Attachments and their filenames
- Folder/label hierarchy
- Metadata in the email header
- Server relay information
- Digital signing
Here’s an example of how much better Aid4Mail performs with visible data. Notice that it has no problem with the accented characters in the first line, the embedded image or the Chinese attachment name at the bottom.
The next example shows Aid4Mail’s superiority with hidden data. Notice how much more metadata in the email SMTP header is preserved by Aid4Mail:
Support the file formats you need
Aid4Mail supports most popular email formats, mail apps and webmail services. When available, additional metadata can be added to email headers.
Output formats for manual review or producing evidence in court are also available. Many, like PDF, HTML, CSV and TSV, can be customized: Header fields can be included or excluded, Bates stamps inserted, and folder hierarchies and filenames tailored. HTML exports even provide an option to create an online viewer with email and folder selection, and a metadata search bar to filter the email list.
Aid4Mail Enterprise supports archival formats like Mimecast, Proofpoint and Google Vault, enabling them to be migrated or moved to a live system. It can even split bulk archives into their original email accounts! (See how)
Here’s a full list of Aid4Mail’s supported mail formats.
- Microsoft 365
- Outlook profile / Exchange
- OLM (Outlook for Mac)
- IMAP (for webmail)
- Mozilla Thunderbird
- Mozilla SeaMonkey
- Apple Mail (EMLX)
- Google Takeout
- Google Vault exports¹
- Mimecast exports¹
- Proofpoint exports¹
- MIME emails in any file²
- Outlook profile¹ / Exchange¹
- IMAP¹ (for webmail)
- Mozilla Thunderbird
- Mozilla SeaMonkey
- PDF, PDF/A, PDF/X
- Plain text
Save you time
Aid4Mail saves you precious time by providing useful features like:
- Simple and intuitive user-interface. There’s nothing more frustrating than a good tool that’s too difficult to use.
- Filters that allow you to be specific about which emails to process. No time wasted collecting emails you don’t need. In Aid4Mail Investigator and Aid4Mail Enterprise, these include native pre-acquisition filters and search queries.
- Super-fast processing. In tests with locally-stored files, Aid4Mail performed 6 to 10 times faster than any of its competitors!
- Hands-off processing. Large collections can take hours or even days to process. Once you run a conversion in Aid4Mail, it will churn through the mail without any further intervention. If there’s a problem with an email, it will try again. If the email can’t be processed, Aid4Mail will save a backup, log the issue and move on.
- Run multiple conversions simultaneously in Aid4Mail Investigator and Aid4Mail Enterprise.
- Command-line interface (CLI) in Aid4Mail Enterprise to automate email processing and integrate with other tools.
- Progress statistics and logs so you know exactly what worked and what didn’t.
- Accessibility features like high-contrast mode, zoom and keyboard-only navigation.
- Options to avoid pre/post-processing and manual review. For example:
- Create PDF files directly instead of as a second step. You can have one email per PDF or combine them all together.
- Add Bates stamps to documents as they’re produced.
- Skip duplicate emails during conversion.
- Incremental processing: Run the same conversion multiple times and Aid4Mail can skip emails that have already been processed.
- Remove the envelope around journaled emails.
- Split, combine or restructure mailboxes and folder hierarchies.
- Create custom filenames using unique hashes, email fields, Bates numbering, case information and more.
- In Aid4Mail Investigator and Aid4Mail Enterprise, create custom Python scripts. For example, add OCR to your filter or scan images for nudity.
Provide help if there's a problem
We’re famous for our customer support! All Aid4Mail editions come with:
- Context-sensitive help with a description of every setting. Just press F1 in Aid4Mail and it will open at the right place.
- A fully comprehensive User Manual, available in PDF and CHM formats for offline use.
- Knowledge base articles on our website.
- Access to our legendary Helpdesk who usually reply to questions within a few hours.
Who uses Aid4Mail?
Clients include US government and law enforcement agencies, top law firms, national libraries, prestigious universities, major banks, and international NGOs. Currently, half of Fortune 50 companies are Aid4Mail customers and the numbers keep growing. For confidentiality reasons, we do not disclose their names.
Try Aid4Mail for free
Take Aid4Mail for a test run. No charge and no sign-up. Just download and run it in trial mode for as long as you need.
Ready to purchase Aid4Mail? Just head to our Pricing page.
What do customers say about Aid4Mail?
“In our testing, even with large mail files Aid4Mail produced problem-free exports in a few seconds.”
– PC Magazine, USA
“I hated to spend money to get mail from one program to another, but I know I would have pulled my hair out without your program.”
– Richard W., USA
“Aid4Mail converted the e-mails without a hiccup and the import went smoothly. Took all of 10 minutes!! Thanks for a terrific program!”
– Hank Arnold, USA
“We work with over 1TB [one terabyte] of email per month and your Aid4Mail product has shown to be an integral part of our toolset for dealing with these volumes of email.”
– Jason Rappoport, USA
“I was also fascinated with the fact that Aid4Mail churned through my mail without crashing, stuttering, or spitting out any error messages: it just simply did the job.”
– Chris Jenkins, USA