Start by opening the PST file in Outlook. Take note that if your version of Outlook is older than Outlook 2003, it will not be able to open a Unicode PST.
- If you are using Outlook 2003 or a newer version, then select the root folder of the PST file (in the Outlook Mail list column).
- Right-click on the folder, and choose Properties from the menu.
- From the Properties dialog box, click on the Advanced button to open the Personal Folders dialog box.
- This contains a field called Format.
- If it shows “Personal Folders File (97-2002)”, then the file is an ANSI PST, otherwise it is a Unicode PST.
Should you require any assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact the help desk.
If you would like to buy an Aid4Mail license please visit the Aid4Mail website.